We aim to find sustainable solutions to global energy inadequacy and environmental degradation as the global energy systems will experience major changes in the coming decades. These challenges call-for scientific knowledge, innovative-technology development, policy measures and action at the local and world level. The sustainability of the system will prove to be of the prime importance-environmentally, economically and socially.
Although the fossil resources have been fundamental source of energy for human existence since long time and in everyday life but the time of oil discoveries are almost over and addressing the challenges arising from the issues of energy scarcity will involve a massive increase in the utilization of sustainable energy resources like wind, solar and biomass. This transformation will not take place overnight but decades. For this reason, we all must give high priority to use renewable energy systems and increase the efficiency of buildings.
At the Centre of Energy and Environment, we share the knowledge and research at the scale of individual components as well as of large-systems, and focus is on the interaction between these two. Centre is at the cutting-edge in northwest India when it comes to research in renewable energy systems.
Through our wide-ranging team-work and partnerships with the private, public sectors as well as national and international colaborators, our active participation in public debates, and our responsibilities in the policy process, we are living up to our ambition.
Supporting a transition to a sustainable world !
To foster renewable energy technologies through pedagogical tools, research and human resource development at various levels, and disseminate the information for sustainable development.
- To enable sustainable and cost-efficient innovations and develop interactive facilities pertaining to the multi-disciplinary areas of renewable energy and environment.
- To provide quality higher engineering education (viz. M.Tech., Ph.D.) and training programs (viz. 1 and/or 2 week) for integrating and providing skilled personnel to academia and industry in area of energy and environment.
- To promote education and awareness related to energy and environment by becoming a nodal centre for north-western India.
- To develop novel, efficient as well as affordable testing and standardization methods/protocols for operational reliability of equipments and devices related to energy and environment.
- To showcase cost-effective, clean and sustainable renewable energy technologies and energy efficiency.